I get asked this question on a daily basis, so I decided to write a blog on it. Simple answer??? There isn’t one!! How many years and how much money do people waste looking for a quick fix or a magic wand. I did! Thank god I found slimming world or I’d still be searching!! It works! Trust it.
If you’d like to know how I lost my weight it’ll be a quick answer. I joined my sw group, I went home and read, re read and re read my book again. I used the website, recipe books and magazines. I planned, prepared and I used choice power. I didn’t miss a class, unless I was out of the country. Nothing or no one could drag me away from my group!!!!! I had one weight gain in my entire journey and that was because I’d been abroad. That was only a lb! Slimming worlds food optimising plan is super easy!!! There’s no other plan out there that even comes close. You can eat sooooooo much food, you never need to go hungry and you’ve got your syns for your chocolate, wine or crisps. Whatever you choose to use them on.
For me it was about goals and commitment. I still ate out, I had 2 more years at uni and a degree to complete and I still stuck to plan. I then got a job doing over 70 hours a week working mainly with men eating doughnuts daily, guess what, I still stuck to plan. I have food optimised now for over 15 years, it’s a way of life. I’d never go back.
You need to change habits, find new grooves and commit. This takes support. If we could do it on our own we wouldn’t get overweight in the first place. I totally fell in love with slimming world and cooking. I never cooked before!!! It became a passion. You need to treat your weekly dose of image therapy like a hair or doctors appointment. It’s in your diary and that’s your “me” time. It’s what you pay for. I adore listening to others members, I love seeing others get awards, I like to know others struggle to and I love talking about food!!!
If you’re not ready and you don’t want it bad enough, you’ll find excuses/reasons to not to go or not to food optimise. In truth, there’s no real reason why we can’t do it. There’s on plan grab and go’s, eating out can be done with ease, there’s slow cookers, Iceland meals, healthy food in every supermarket, places like subway, m & s in petrol stations. The only thing that can really stop you is you. You have to believe you can do it. I had ex boyfriends who’d tell me I was fat and put me down, I had other girls put me down and call me names. Did I comfort eat?! Hell no, I used it as motivation to bloody show them!!! Every day I visualise being slim, fit and healthy and I used that to drive me.
Trust me when I say this, getting to target and feeling finally happy in your own skin will feel better than any piece of cake, any pizza or any take away. Yes a whole tub of ice cream, haribos and a dominos is amazing and tastes nice, but how do you feel after?!? The pleasure lasts seconds, then you get the guilt and sick feeling. Eating rubbish makes you feel rubbish. You’ll start to crave healthy foods, trust me!!
When you slip in to that dream dress or suit and you can run around after your children, or you can feel confident enough to go for that new job, whatever it is, you will feel amazing!!!!!!! Tell yourself you can and you will, tell yourself you can’t and guess what?! You probably won’t.
So no secret, but if I were to give my tops tips this would be them :-
1. Speed speed and more speed. I’m the queen of speed foods!!! Add them to your plate first and snack on them where possible.
2. Plan your meals. I plan meal by meal, some like weekly plans. Whatever will help you.
3. Think about what you eat. Don’t inhale things that are going to take you over your syns. Stop, think, do you really want it or can you find a low syn or syn free alternative?
4. STAY TO CLASS!!!!!!!!
5. If you have one bad day, which I do, just dust yourself off, draw a line and move on. Do not beat yourself and up do not let the guilt then ruin your week. There’s 21 meals in a week, don’t stress if 1 goes wrong. Learn from it and apply a strategy for next time. Don’t think, “sod it I don’t care today” because you do deep down.
6. Know your own triggers. If you hit 5pm and you need a snack, plan it in. If you’re a night time picker, plan it in, if you struggle with weekends and alcohol, plan it in. Put steps in place to protect yourself.
7. Finally try and have lots of PMA. POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE. Negative thinkers will always struggle to lose weight. Fling off the negative knickers and put on those positive pants.
I hope that helps slimmers. We all have the same books, we all have different and busy lives, please know that if this is truly important to you, you can succeed. Dream, believe, achieve. If you want the secret to losing weight, look in the mirror.
Happy Fopping xxx