OMG I’ve just had the best lunch!!! Had to share it!!!! It’s adapted from the cous cous recipe in the current sw magazine. I’m not a fan of cous cous, I prefer higher protein grains, like quinoa. I spotted this new product in tesco today and thought I’d give it a whirl. It’s called freekeh. I’ve never tried it before, I checked the app and it’s free!!
250ml of boiling water
Chunks of red onion
Garlic clove sliced
15g of feta (healthy extra or syn)
1. Bring the freekeh to the boil with 250ml veg stock, simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Roast the tomatoes, onions, peppers and garlic, along with a tbs of balsamic vinegar.
3. Wilt 200g of spinach, drain, squeeze out the water, set aside.
4. Add the spinach, roast veg, seasoning, another tbs of balsamic vinegar, tuna and mix together with the freekeh.
5. Squeeze over some fresh lemon juice and add the basil leaves.
Happy Fopping xxxx