So I really fancied lasagna, but I’m trying to stick to eesp after a heavy Saturday night! This recipe, which has been adapted from a hairy bikers recipe, is not only eesp friendly but syn free!!!!! Their version would still cost you over 60 syns for the lot!!
Here’s the how……
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees
2. Fry off your mince (I choose quorn) with chopped onions, mushrooms, peppers, whatever veg you like!!
3. Add a beef oxo cube, garlic and Italian mixed herbs. I don’t measure I’m afraid!
4. Once all fried off add a tin of chopped tomatoes and a squeeze of purée and season.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut the ends off some leeks and trim to the width of your lasagne tray. I used a small one. Very carefully slice the leeks length ways until you reach the middle, separating the leaves remove the other 4/5 these will replace your standard lasagne sheets. Slice the remaining leeks and add to the sauce mixture. Take the leek sheets and cook in boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender, drain under cold running water until cooled. Lay on a flat surface and pat dry with a clean tea towel or kitchen paper.
6. Then layer your lasagna dish with the mince first, then the leeks and so on.
7. Top it with quark and your healthy extra of cheese. I used reduced fat cheese and halved my milk allowance and half the amount of cheese. The more cheese the better though, so you can syn some milk that day or go black tea and coffee. Also you can use cottage cheese if you prefer. Yogurt or ffff isn’t eesp.
8. Bake in the oven till brown, approx 20mins.
9. For eesp serve with a large salad. I added tons of speed foods and some lentils to mine.
You can make the mince bit however you’d usually make your Spag Bol.
Enjoy and Happy Fopping xxx