I see these things all the time on Instagram. I get tagged in them a lot, so I thought while I’ve got 5 mins I’d share 10 random one!!
1. I played squash from 6 years old to my late teens. I actually played for the West Midlands and was pretty good!!! Squash is amazing for fitness, but when I got to 17-18 I was way more interested in boys and partying!! Training sessions were on a Sunday and from 10am till 4pm! With a bad head and no sleep?!? Er no thanks!! I still play occasionally now, my dad laughs as he still can’t believe how hard I can hit the ball!! If you’ve never played you should try it!!! It’s an amazing cardio workout. I was a pretty lazy player though!! I’d stand on the T doing boasts, making everyone else round around! I do regret not playing as much now, I need to get back in to it again! It’s definitely the reason I’m so competitive!!
2. I have pretty severe Endometriosis. If you don’t know what that is, it’s a disease in which tissue that normally grows inside the uterus grows outside the uterus. Basically during * week I’m in horrendous pain!!! I’ve actually collapsed a few times due to it! One time was at school and everyone talked about me all day!! The other was at the gym, how embarrassing!!! I pushed myself too hard a long time ago now and my body gave way. Like an idiot I didn’t want anyone to see me, so I hid upstairs to try and sort myself out!! Someone eventually found me and I was wheeled out the gym in a wheelchair and taken to hospital in an ambulance!!! The shame!!!! I hate hate hate hate any form of public embarrassment!!! I’m terrible for it! I even used to make my best friend buy tampons for me ha ha ha ha, sorry if any boys are reading this!!!! I’m not great at letting myself go in public!! Well unless I’ve had a few vodkas!! Ok so that’s actually 2 facts there! Something like that happening is my worst nightmare!!
3. Tattoos. I thought it was really cool when I was young to have a tattoo. I eased my parents in by getting my top ear pierced first, then my nose, then went for the tattoo!! Now you can remove a horrible nose ring, but tattoos aren’t as easy!! I started with one around my belly button, which is horrendous! It’s a sun!! Then I had one on my shoulder and another down my left side, near my ribs, then one more tiny one at the bottom of my spine. I really don’t like them now!! I can cover all of them, apart from the one on my shoulder. They really really aren’t me anymore!!! I’m debating getting them removed. On Becks I think they look amazing! On me, awful!!
4. I love Motown and soul music! My dad was a DJ back in the day! He had millions of records that we’d listen too for hours! My brother is also a soul and motown singer, plus a bit of Bruno Mars, I adore watching him sing!! He’s so amazingly talented!! Soul and motown just makes you feel like dancing!!! Not that I do much!! It just makes you feel happy!! I’m an RnB and garage girl when I go out, my h2b is more into house, so that can be interesting!
5. A lot of people think I’m mega confident, I’ve even had when I was younger, stuck up! Cheek!!! These are opinions of people that don’t know me very well! My friends, family and Chris all know I’m actually quite Insecure. I’m much better now I’ve found the right man and am slimmer. But even now I stress so much about getting ready, I won’t leave the house unless I look ok or feel good. I’m confident in my ability at work, I’m confident presenting etc…. It’s just insecurities about looks that have stayed with me from when I was bigger. I’ve had really hurtful comments about my fat legs, massive potato head, fat ass etc etc…. Can laugh about it now. Being a healthy size 10 I don’t get these anymore, but it doesn’t mean those feelings magically disappear. If I don’t feel good it ruins my night! I’ve had previous boyfriends who make you feel even more insecure too! I believe a real man should make girls jealous of you, not you jealous of other girls!! I’ve never once experienced jealously or insecure feelings when I’ve been out with Chris!! He pays me loads of compliments when we’re out and I know I don’t need to worry or compare myself to anyone else. I’m just a normal woman, I think most women are pretty insecure! This is why you shouldn’t judge or assume.
6. I’ve got a 2.1 business Degree. Uni was one of the best times of my life!!!! I made amazing friends and had so many new experiences!! Not all good ha ha!! I really grew up at uni. I’m so glad I went. This is where I actually gained a lot of my weight! I took control though and came back after my first year the slimmest I’d been in years! Getting my degree and getting to target were both amazing achievements I’m really proud of.
7. I’m very very Loyal. I’d do anything for my family and close friends!! I’m probably not great at always showing this, but they know if they ever needed me I’d be there in a flash!!! I’m not great at PDAS, I’m not one to go around hugging people, but I show it in other ways. The older I get though, the better I’m getting at this. Nothing is more important to me than family and best friends. Not even clothes or new shoes 😉
8. The secret. This book is my favourite book ever!!! I swear by it!! I did a blog on it a while ago now. If you’ve never read the secret, buy it!! I’m very passionate about positive thinking anyway. I try really hard to stay away from negative people or have my own negative thoughts. Bit tricky with no.5 sometimes. I think this is one of the reasons I lost three stone in three months. I don’t believe in I can’t this, I can’t that. I only believe I can and I will!! I’m still massively understanding when people do struggle, negative mind sets may of been formed for years and years, it’s not easy to break this! The good news though is you can!! This book could really help you!! When people say I’m always so positive or happy, this is why 🙂
9. I met my h2b on a blind date!! I’d seen a pic and we spoke on facebook, then whatsap then actually on a land line lol but we’d never actually met or spoken face to face!! I’ll never forget the first time I saw him, I was like “yes!!!!” Ha ha. The fact he’s an amazing dresser, very handsome (just my type!) was all amazing but he’s got the same work ethics as me, he’s the only man I’ve been with with that makes me really really laugh out loud, he’s the kindest man I’ve ever met, plus he knows how to stand up to me if I need it!! Oh and he can cook ha ha. Pretty bloody perfect in my eyes!! He even likes shopping!! You see I’m getting loads better at PDAS aren’t I!!! Well World Wide Web ones anyway! I can’t wait to marry him this year!!!
10. Now don’t laugh at this!! I know I’ve got a degree and I like to think I’m pretty clever, but my geography is horrendous!! I don’t know what it is but I’m useless!!!!!! I thought you could drive to Ireland!! I went to wakes and on the way home asked why it said welcome to England. Chris was like, er Nic you do know wales is another country don’t you!?! Ha ha, how can it be I replied?!? You don’t need a passport!! There’s lots more cringe stories, but I think that’s enough now!! I’ve already said I hate embarrassment!!
So there you go!! 10 totally random facts about me!!
Happy Fopping xxx