Hi all. So I had amazing day yesterday!! My boyfriend and I both had the day off and went to London. I really wanted to go to Winder Wonderland in Hyde Park, but I also really really wanted to test out these amazing new products I’d heard about. They only sell it at Libertys in London or online so I combined the two. My bf thinks I conned him with winter wonderland ha ha.
I’d read about this brand, Hourglass, in one of my magazines. Cameron Diaz was raving about saying it was the best thing she had ever used. Then I was chatting to a lady who’s travelled the world doing various beauty treatments, she’s stunning and a total pro. She was telling me about this new brand of make up she’d found, I knew what she was going to say! It was Hourglass! She’d been to Libertys to test it out too. she’s so like me, she wanted to be able to really see a difference after using a new product. From the second she had it tested on her she was sold!! I was exactly the same! I’d read about the powders and the primers. The primer is Libertys best seller and the powders are stunning!!!! I went for these two items :-
This is the description from the website. “This silky, weightless and multipurpose primer goes beyond traditional formulations by concealing redness, minimizing the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles, and shielding skin with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 protection. In addition, it repels water to keep your make up looking freshly applied all day long.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Extends the durability of any foundation or powder.
• Minimizes the appearance of visible pores, fine lines and imperfections.
• Conceals redness (even rosacea) to create an even skin tone.
• The weightless formula is not greasy, tacky, pearlized and it won’t ball up
• The unique texture is fluid, airy, silky and cushiony.
• Offers Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with mineral-derived physical sunscreens, Titanium and Zinc Oxide.”
Ambient lighting palette. I had this tested on me and I adored it!!!! This is the description. “Create your perfect light with this palette featuring three shades of Ambient Lighting Powder, which utilize Photoluminescent Technology to filter out harsh light and refine the appearance of the complexion. Each of these high-tech, soft-focus finishing powders recreate an exquisitely flattering light source. The powders can be applied individually or layered to imbue skin with a multidimensional glow.
• Powders mimic universally flattering light sources, not unlike having a personal lighting technician at your disposal.
• By manipulating and filtering out harsh light, powders conceal skin imperfections, pores and wrinkles.
• State-of-the-art formula delivers a multi-dimensional luminescence to every skin tone, making it appear softer, younger and perfectly lit.
• Universal powders make them suitable for every skin tone, while each can be worn day and night.
• The finishing powders enhance skin in any type of light, including flash photography.
My palette includes 3 shades:
• DIM LIGHT: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
• INCANDESCENT LIGHT (exclusive to the palette): An opalescent pearl powder that brightens the complexion with a celestial glow.
• RADIANT LIGHT: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow.
This goes over your foundation. I’m so happy I went and tried them out! Now I really want to test the foundation too!! I got a free lipstick as I’d bought two products, it was a lovely nude colour, so that was a bonus!!
Winter wonderland was stunning!! Beats any Xmas market I’ve been to! If you’re trying to lose weight though it’s a bit of a nightmare!! There was temptation on every stand! It was literally like food porn!! From sausages, burgers, fries, pulled pork batches, Nutella waffles, crepes, churrios and much more!!!! I’d had a big breakfast, taken fruit and hi fi bars for my HEB. We went to itsu for lunch, I had a chicken teriyaki brown rice pot with veg in it. There’s oil in them and some sauce but overall it was a really low calorie option and could of been a lot worse. My bf had an amazing waffle with Nutella at Hyde park. I did have a taste but that’s it! I stood there with a satsuma!! I would of loved a waffle but it would of been gone in seconds and I know I’d of felt bad after. I avoided the mulled wine and just had a tea and 1/2 beer. The shops were open till 9pm so we left the market and went back to the shops!!! I didn’t want to drink much as I’m doing my group tonight instead of Thursday.
I was only meant to be buying the make up but I accidentally fell in to some other shops too, whoops!! I bought a lovely necklace which was reduced to £4 from £12, I never get anything in the sale usually, as I hate sales!! I can’t stand looking through rails of stuff I’d probably actually never even wear. I spotted some shoes I liked too so grabbed them, they were also in the sale, winner!! I love chunky heeled shoes, skinny heels aren’t great for day time and I wanted them to wear with blue jeans in the day. I then saw a dress which was so me!! I have a particular style of dress that I’m obsessed with. It looked quite big so I tried the 8 and it fitted!! I’m not a size 8 but who cares!! I’ll take that and run!!! I might wear this nye so no picture of it yet, sorry.
We didn’t get back till 9pm so we were shattered!! This meant dinner was a quick chicken stir fry, which was actually really nice!! It’s always nice to buy new things but my favourite part about yesterday was just spending the day with my amazing boyfriend, soppy I know, but true!! Having a partner who also loves to shop is the best thing ever!! Plus he’s so good at navigating!! We walked for absolutely miles and I didn’t moan once!! Men seem to have this weird sense of direction that I’ve certainly not got!! I’d of been completely lost if it wasn’t for him. It was a really lovely romantic day.
If you haven’t been to winter wonderland it’s on till the beginning of January and I’d highly recommend it for a fun day or night out. Just be prepared food wise if you’re trying to make good choices.
Have a lovely day and happy Xmas eve eve xxxx